Friday, May 10, 2019

Mother's Day Brunch at the Hilty Inn Bed and Breakfast by Janet Dabbs

My Mother
By Ann Taylor
(a portion of a poem)
Who fed me from her gentle breast,
And hush’d me in her arms to rest,
And on my cheek sweet kisses prest?
My Mother.
When sleep forsook my open eye,
Who was it sung sweet hushaby,
And rock’d me that I should not cry?
My Mother.
When pain and sickness made me cry,
Who gazed upon my heavy eye,
And wept for fear that I should die?
My Mother.
Who taught my infant lips to pray,
And love God’s holy book and day.
And walk in Wisdom’s pleasant way?
My Mother.
Who ran to help me when I fell,
And would some pretty story tell,
Or kiss the place to make it well?
My Mother.
Even when we grow up our Mother's are our biggest fan. They are indeed a mirrored expression of God’s love for us. 
There will never be enough we can say or do to show our appreciation of our sweet mother. We should honor her every day, but this Sunday is a set aside day to “especially” show our love 💞 to our mother, We are thankful that the Hilty Inn Bed and Breakfast Mother’s Day Brunch will be one of the special set aside places to honor and pamper mothers this Sunday on Mother's Day! 
Gourmet Chef Charles Clark will prepare a scrumptious choice of dishes at our 1877 Victorian Bed and Breakfast in Versailles. Brunch will be served on a carefully set table, laden with fresh cut Spring flowers and china. Seating will be at 11 a.m. 12:30 p.m. and 2 p.m. 
If you have not placed your order for Mother’s Day Brunch yet, please visit hiltyinnbedandbreakfast.com to see the menu choices and call 573-378-2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment